Announcement

Signups are now manually approved by request. See this post for more info.

#1 December 23, 2023 00:23 AM

rails
Sysoperator
Website
Windows 10Firefox 120.0

Huge new updates for December

Hello, back here after 1 or 2 months.

I've been doing a lot of changes and other things but since I haven't had time to announce them, I wanted to take this opportunity before Christmas to leave some updates, notices, etc...

• The first thing I want to let you know is that Sven Co-op 3.0 and BuzzyBots are back in Igloo Arena. I discovered that using a more or less recent build of HLDS with Sven Co-op 3.0 (from 6K and up) causes crashing on some maps like hplanet or very annoying lag problems (and the same happens with ReHLDS if someone is going to ask that). Unfortunately I had to remove some common classic maps from the Sven Co-op server like "jailbreak" because it sometimes filled the console with "Queue is full!" messages when switching to "jailbreak2"...

• Also, speaking of maps, I found on FilePlanet a ZIP file of a 2004 HLRally map pack, with radar textures (finally!) and I've decided to add them to the server for some more variety. Have fun playing on them.

• The Igloo Arena website is almost done (yeah, after 3 weeks without doing nothing). Some pages are not yet done but everything important is there.

• The ClassiCube server (Igloo Cube) has been offline for several months due to disinterest and because I wanted to save resources on the Igloo Arena servers I'm running. Instead, I've decided on better hosting the server temporarily on my laptop (it won't be quite 24/7 and there may be a lot of latency) since my EddyN account where I had my server hosted there was suspended, I guess due to inactivity. Nothing was lost and everything remains the same as before. More info soon.

• The IRC server will be closed again. I have no interest in hosting it again, nor do I have any interest in moderating it. Sorry for that.

• I have been changing a little bit the Igloo Cafe logo and icon to be something pixelated/8-bits style (that fits a lot with the initiative of the "project") and not Club Penguin style. The reason for this is that I don't want new visitors to think that this is a Club Penguin fansite or something like that (lmao) and because I feel that little by little it makes me very uncomfortable. For now the logo is only on the wiki and Igloo Arena while our iconic igloo favicon has been changed to a new one (which was originally from a NFT artwork but due to that no need to credit it).

• And finally, I'm going to make a giant warning that this domain may stop working soon (economic problems that I can't manage unfortunately). In case it happens, I will be start using another subdomain temporarily until I'm able to register another domain in the very distant future.

And that's all. I hope you have a good time this Christmas and New Year. 2023 has been very strange year, with things I didn't expect to happen...

I was thinking of doing a Christmas design for the Igloo Cafe homepage but all the attempts I made were horrible and I didn't like them. I'm sorry sad

igloocafe.gif

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer