Announcement

Signups are now manually approved by request. See this post for more info.

#1 February 18, 2023 16:00 PM

rails
Sysoperator
Website
Windows 10Opera 94.0

GeckoF's Web 1.0/archived link of the week

Inspired on [redacted]'s Song of the day post on his forums, I thought of doing something similar but related to Web 1.0 (or those "retro-styled") websites and also from archive.org's archived websites that I find interesting.

I think I will start this post with http://cyber-rat.com/, an old Half-Life mapping-related website of Chris Spain, mostly known of that popular Counter-Strike map, de_rats (fun fact, Rats! was never made for Counter-Strike at first instance). Running since early 2000, as far as I can see it was abandoned since 2004 but curiously according to JavaScript's document.lastModified(), some last modifications in some HTMLs were made in 2014.

image.png

EDIT: This website has been closed around October 2023. The domain now redirects to a chinese spam blog.
RIP sad

Last edited by rails (January 17, 2024 08:34 AM)

igloocafe.gif

#2 February 26, 2023 12:33 PM

rails
Sysoperator
Website
LinuxChrome 110.0

Re: GeckoF's Web 1.0/archived link of the week

Whoops, I forget this...

For this week I show you http://hackles.org/, an old webcomic from the early 2000's that talks about UNIX, free software and other computer-related stuff with animal characters. The official website is still active but has not been updated since 2004.

image.png

igloocafe.gif

#3 March 06, 2023 03:39 AM

rails
Sysoperator
Website
LinuxChrome 110.0

Re: GeckoF's Web 1.0/archived link of the week

Sorry for not making another post days earlier, I'm slowly losing interest in Igloo Cafe unfortunately and I'm not feeling quite right lately...

The Mozilla Museum is one of my favorite old websites and it's also one of the few websites on the Internet that I know of which contains hundreds of images and information about Netscape's old and forgotten mascot, Mozilla (yeah, that's his name). Sadly some pages are broken but you can use the Wayback Machine to look them up.

Captura%20de%20pantalla_2023-03-06_00-35-53.png

igloocafe.gif

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer