Announcement

Signups are now manually approved by request. See this post for more info.

#1 February 13, 2023 00:37 AM

rails
Sysoperator
Website
Windows 10Opera 94.0

We're back!

After almost 1 year of inactivity, we are back again!! This time with a lot of new things including:

• A new domain name (this replaces our old FreeDNS domain name).

• A new email server (available only for sysops and used for contact purposes).

• New website redesign, inspired by VectorStar, an old free shell account provider from 1995.

• Our ClassiCube server! Running again with almost all the old maps and some new ones. This time it has its own official website and a form to access the server. It's hosted on eddygamenet in Canada.

• A new Monitorix website where you can see the status of our server.

I'm very sorry for the long inactivity we have had, there were some economic problems which prevented this project from moving forward.
I would also like to clarify that unfortunately we only had one backup of the user directories dating back to May 30, 2022, so much of user content made after that date has been lost. However, there are only two persons as of the date I'm writing this so I don't think it will affect much, but anyway I will try to do my best to make backups more often to keep avoiding this kind of losses.

I want to thank all the people who have at least visited our website/gopherhole, played on our gameservers (which will be back soon, I promise!), created cool content in their user directories and especially those who support Igloo Cafe. I would like that someday this project could fulfill all the ideas I have had in mind for a long time but due to limitations I don't think it will be possible to do it, but time will tell me or maybe not.

See you soon!  smile

igloocafe.gif

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer